UPDATE: The maintenance has been completed successfully.
Dear faculty, students, and staff,
IT will be performing maintenance on some datacenter equipment that will necessitate the shutdown of several systems and service. The maintenance work will start at 3pm on Thursday 26 May 2016 and will be completed by 10am on Friday 27 May 2016.
The following systems and services will not be available during this maintenance work.
- Blackboard system
- qatar.cmu.edu servers and the AFS filesystem
- Password protected pages on www.qatar (like faculty-staff resources page)
- Qatar remote desktop service
- SharePoint (insite.qatar.cmu.edu)
- Printing services
- WebDAV service
- CrashPlan backup and restore services
All other services, including the public website and email service, will remain operational during the maintenance. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.
Khalid Sarwar Warraich | Chief Information Officer