Dear faculty and teaching staff,
Welcome back to a new academic year. We have been preparing the classrooms, clusters, and our services on the web for the Fall semester. Below is a summary of the things we’ve been working on.
· Clusters – The Clusters are running Windows 8 this semester with Office 2013 (as last year).
· Software – All of the software that you requested through the IT Instructional Needs Survey this summer has been installed in the Clusters.
· AV System – As already announced, the AV system is all new this semester in the classroom with several new features (improved UI, annotation, Windows 8 touch, wireless projection for Windows and Android, videoconferencing in 4 locations, lecture recording in 2 locations, and the ability to quickly switch between projectors).
· Virtual.Qatar – We have prepared a “virtual Cluster” that consists of computer systems configured identically to Cluster computers that can be accessed over the network from a browser, Windows, Mac, iOS, or Android device. Please look for an announcement about this next week.
· Printing – Next week we will be rolling out a new printing system that supports security printing as well as supports native printing from Windows, Mac, Linux, iOS, Android, and a web browser. Please look for an announcement about this next week.
Khalid Sarwar Warraich | Chief Information Officer