Dear Students, Faculty, and Staff,
- Attached Image (from firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Order conf. 3360069… (from Abigail Jones …)
- Invoice Overdue
- Your receipt
Often, there is nothing more than the attachment in the email. Opening these attachments triggers the download of a malicious software that proceeds to encrypt your files and when successful, demands ransom. If the malware gets this far, your only options are to either restore files from a prior backup or pay the ransom to decrypt the files.
- If you see a similar email, please delete it.
- If you are not sure, please forward it to us (email@example.com) and we will evaluate it.
- If you accidentally opened the attachment, immediately power OFF your system and call me (5596-3818) or Jerome (5586-9013) so we can help with recovery.
Khalid Sarwar Warraich | Chief Information Officer