This page is intended for freshman students joining the university and need to setup their password for the first time. In order to setup your password, freshman students need to the following Information:
- Your Andrew ID: Which you can obtain by searching the directory here https://directory.andrew.cmu.edu/search/advanced.
- Admission ID: You get this from the admissions department when enrolling, and it is the same ID number you used to check “Where am I in the Process” here https://www.as.cmu.edu/application/display.html
- Date of Birth: In the format of (mm/dd/yyyy).
Steps to setup your password:
1. From any computer, tablet or smartphone, open a web browser and go to https://identity.andrew.cmu.edu/freshmanPassword.
2. When you reach the CMU Credential Management page, enter the above mentioned information in the corresponding field and click next step.
3. Should there be no error, in the next page you will be prompted to set a new password, and answer the security quest. Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
For more information on accounts and passwords, please visit http://www.cmu.edu/computing/accounts/index.html