Faculty and staff can access their files on CrashPlan from a Mobile App over the internet on both iOS and Android Platform, this is useful in cases where you need to access a file from you computer on the go, and share via email, or print a copy.
The Apps are available to download for free from:
Mobile App Walk-through
- Enter the server address crashpan.qatar.cmu.edu and click “Submit”.
- Enter your Andrew ID and Password and click “Sign In”.
- The action button located at the top will give you 2 options, 1st is to view the App version, and 2nd is to logout of the app.
- You can tap on the list of “Your Devices” to access files from any particular device.
- Files that are downloaded to your mobile will be in the download list.
- The “back” button on the top left of the screen will return you back one step.
- The “home” button on the top right, will take you back to your dashboard.
- Here you see the list of folders on the Mac computer selected, which you can navigate through by simply tapping the files and folders.
- To download the files, just simply tap the files.
- When you return to the home screen you will notice the files you selected are now under “Downloaded Files”.
- Review your list of downloaded files
- Tap the “Edit” button on the top, to select files for deletion from the mobile device.
- After tapping the Edit button, tap the files you want to mark for deletion.
- To delete the files tap the “Delete Files” button on the bottom of the screen.
- To cancel the operation, click the “x” button on the top of the screen.
- You can view a file by tapping on it, to share, print or save it to a different location, tap the “Share” button in the top right corner.