Home Broadband Setup and Support
- For: Faculty, Staff
- Availability: 24 x 7 x 365
- Support — System-wide outage: NA
- Support — Individual incident: Sun. – Thur. 08:00am — 04:00pm
ADSL services at CMU-Q provided housing (outside of Qatar Foundation Housing Lot) is supported through an outside contractor. Computing Services provides (through the contractor) standard Thompson Wireless Routers for this Service.
- In the case of incidents trouble-shooting is provided up to the router and coordination with Qtel for ADSL Line Issues.
- Telephone and Mosaic are not covered under this support.
Contact the Service Desk to report an issue or request a new line.
- For Incidents: House visits can be scheduled within the day, during work days from 8am to noon, and 4pm to 7pm.
- For new requests: We require 2 days notice.
Please be aware that there is a dependency on Qtel when coordinating this service and service delivery.
Note on QF Housing Home Internet:
- The home network in Qatar Foundation Housing Lots (also known as Education City Housing Lot) are provided by QF.
- These networks cannot be supported by CMU-Q and outside contractors