Printing from Android is possible by Google Cloud Print. Android 4.4+ devices have native support for Google Cloud Print and if your device doesn’t have Cloud Print you can download it from here.
- To enable your account to print on CMU-Q printers, you need to send an email to email@example.com with the following details:
- Subject of the email should be ‘Android Printing’
- Your Gmail address
- Andrew ID
- List all the printer names where you would like to print using your Android device (this step is only if you are a faculty or staff member)
Your Gmail address has to be linked with the Andrew ID and once this is linked you should be able to print from your android device.
Every Android device has different print option. If you can see print in any of the application or browser you should be able to print. If you open Gmail in a browser you should be able to print your mails as well.
Steps for Android 5.0, Lollipop
Here are the steps to print from a stock Android device running Android 5.0, Lollipop. Printing will only work once you have received a confirmation mail that you have been added to the CMUQ Printers group.
- Go to ‘Settings’ and then touch ‘Printing’
- Make sure that Cloud Printing is ‘On’
- We will be printing email in this example. Open the email on your device and then touch ‘Print’
- Touch the printer icon encircled in red to print your document, make sure the printer is Find-Me-Students or Find-Me-Anywhere (for faculty and staff) on this page
Once the document has been submitted to the Find-Me-Students queue, you can release it from any PaperCut enabled printer.