IT provides multi platform printing solution that enables users to print from any device natively. You can print using your personal machines and release the job from any PaperCut enabled printer.
How do I print from a Web Browser?
The PaperCut system allows those with CMUQ accounts to print from any computer using a web-interface.
This option is available for most public machines on campus.
You will see a list of printers currently available when you log in following these instructions.
- To begin, visit https://papercut.qatar.cmu.edu:9192/user in your browser.
- You will be asked to log in. Type in your CMUQ username and password.
- The first page you see provides a summary of your PaperCut printing balance, activity, and environmental impact.
Notice the PaperCut menu along the left sidebar on this page.
- To print via the web, click Web Print.
- On the right side of the main window, you will see Submit a Job >>. Click this link to continue.
- On this page, select the printer you wish to use. You can select the Find-Me-Students or Find-Me-Anywhere printer
- To continue click 2. Print Options and Account Selection >>.
- Enter the number of copies you wish to print.
- Click the button in the lower right corner, 3. Upload Documents >>.
- Click the Upload from computer button to open a window, which will allow you to locate the document you wish to print
- Select the document and select Open (Windows) or Choose (Mac). You can also drag and drop the documents onto the web page.
- The browser window will close and you should see the name of the document you selected.
- The next page lets you know that your document is being uploaded and will allow you to track the print progress and the cost.
- Use the side menu to Log Out of PaperCut when you are finished.
If you would like to have more file formats available to upload for web browser printing, kindly send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject heading as Web Browser Printing.