This post has steps mentioned to connect to Virtual Qatar using a desktop client.
This article contains the following sections:
Step 1: Install
- Download the appropriate version of the VMware View Client — the Virtual Qatar connection software.
- Double-click the file you downloaded to install the software.
- If prompted with a User Account Control Warning, verify the program name is VMware installation launcher and click Yes.
- The Welcome window displays, click Next.
- Accept the End User License Agreement and click Next.
- Select any custom setup options if desired and click Next.
- In the Default View Connection Server field, type virtual.qatar.cmu.edu.
- In the Enhanced Single Sign On window, select the checkbox to Show in connection dialog and then click Next.
- Select whether you want to include shortcuts and then click Next.
- Click Install.
- Once the software is installed click Finish and then click Yes to restart your computer.
Step 2: Connect to Virtual Qatar
- Double-click VMware View Client to launch the application.
- Double-click on Add Server and in the Enter the name of the Connection Server, type virtual.qatar.cmu.edu
- Click Connect.
- Enter your Andrew userID and password.
- Select Qatar from the Domain drop-down menu.
- Click Login.
- Select a desktop from the list, such as Virtual Qatar.
- Double-click on Virtual Qatar.
- You are now connected to Virtual Qatar.
- Use the Start > All Programs menu to access the available software. This may take several seconds; please be patient.
- When you are finished, select Start > Log Off to exit Virtual Qatar.