Your computer account, called AndrewID, is your gateway to the computing environment at Carnegie Mellon University in Pittsburgh (main campus) and Qatar. AndrewID serves as the username for CMU systems and the associated password (referred to as AndrewID password) are used to login to nearly all CMU computing systems.
The following are eligible to receive an AndrewID.
- Faculty and Staff: Your AndrewID is automatically created as part of the hiring process by Human Resources department.
- Students: Your AndrewID is automatically created as part of the enrollment in the University.
- Cross Registered Students: Your AndrewID is automatically created as part of the cross registration process.
If you are working with CMU Qatar as part of a university services contract or if you are collaborating with a faculty member on research or other projects, then a Sponsored Account can be requested for your use for the duration of the work. A CMU Qatar department head or faculty member can request a sponsored account for someone by filling out an online form. We (IT department) will review and approve these requests as part of the application process.
Claiming Your Account/AndrewID
## information about how to claim your account/andrewID ##
Resetting Your Password
Since the AndrewID is a central ID used to access several different systems, the associated password must also be updated centrally so that a new password is consistently updated on all systems. Please use the following links to set, reset, or recover a forgotten password:
- Set Password: set your password initially at http://www.cmu.edu/computing/accounts/passwords/set/index.html
- Change Password and Set Security Questions: change your password and set security questions (used to reset forgotten passwords) at http://www.cmu.edu/computing/accounts/passwords/change.html
- Reset a Forgotten Password: reset a forgotten password at http://www.cmu.edu/computing/accounts/passwords/forgot.html